At Brightspeed, we want you to know how we collect, use, and share personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to California residents who work for or apply to work for Brightspeed. We collect, retain and process information about you when you apply to work, during the work relationship, and after the work relationship ends. We collect this information directly from you, from internal sources such as a manager, supervisor, or colleagues, or from external sources such as a former or current employer, references, a government agency, or service provider. Some of the information we collect is Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, can be associated with, is linked to, or could be linked to an identified or identifiable individual or household, either directly or indirectly.
We use this information for our business purposes as we describe in more detail in the table below. Brightspeed does not sell applicant or worker Personal Information or share it for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. To run our business, we may share Personal Information with our affiliated companies, third-party service providers, and government agencies. These service providers are under contract to protect your information, to use it only to perform their contractual obligations, and to access only the Personal Information needed to provide the services. The table below lists the categories of Personal Information collected by us in the last 12 months, the purpose of its collection and use, and if it is shared, the category of party it is shared with and the purpose of sharing.
If you are not a resident of California who works for or has applied to work for Brightspeed, please see our general Privacy Notice at https://www.brightspeed.com/privacy-notice/.
Click Here for the Categories of Personal Information Collected in the Last 12 Months
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
California law gives its residents certain rights when it comes to their personal information. California residents that apply to work for or work for our company can exercise these rights by submitting a Data Subject Request using the form at the link, by emailing the Privacy Office at email@example.com or by mail to: Chief Privacy Officer, Brightspeed Legal Department, P.O. Box 1330, 717 McGilvary Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301.
We must verify your identity before we can fulfill your request and will request identification documents or clarifying information from you to help us do so. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to process your Data Subject Request. We will notify you to explain if that applies to your request and to provide you with feedback on if and how your request will be fulfilled.
The rights are:
1. The right to know what personal information about you we have collected, from what sources, whether it was sold or shared, and the right to access Personal Information.
• You may submit a Data Subject Request to request the categories of personal information collected, the categories of sources from which it was collected, the categories of third parties to whom it is disclosed, and the specific pieces of personal information collected.
2. The right to correct a perceived error in your data.
• We will ask you to provide documentation supporting your request for correction.
3. The right to delete information.
• The law permits us to retain certain data that is necessary to run our business or comply with laws so we may not delete all your data. We will inform you if this applies to your request.
4. The right to request that your information not be sold or shared.
• Brightspeed does not sell personal information. The law permits us to share certain data and you may not be able to restrict our ability to share it. We will inform you if this applies to your request.
5. The right to limit use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information.
• The law permits us to use and disclose certain data and you may not be able to limit its use or disclosure. We will inform you if this applies to your request.
6. The right to not be retaliated against for exercising these rights.
• You will not be disadvantaged in any way for exercising your rights.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit data subject requests on your behalf. Your agent will need a valid power of attorney or written permission signed by you. If the agent relies on written permission, we will need to verify the agent’s identity, as well as your identity. We may also contact you directly to confirm the permission. Your authorized agent can submit your Data Subject Request or other written request to Brightspeed’s Privacy Office at the contact details listed below.
Data Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep Personal Information for different lengths of time depending on the following criteria: how long federal and state laws require us to keep it; and what is required to comply with our contracts; run our business; to preserve data relevant to ongoing litigation, comply with government orders or investigations.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We will update this notice when necessary to reflect changes in the law, regulations, our information practices, to reflect feedback we receive, and to keep it accurate and complete. Please check this page for updates.
• By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• By mail to the Chief Privacy Officer, Brightspeed Legal Department, P.O. Box 1330, 717 McGilvary Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301.
• By calling 833-MYBRSPD.