The administrator password prevents outsiders from accessing your home network settings through your modem. If you choose to set up a customized admin password, be sure to keep it in a safe place. If you forget your custom login, you will need to reset the modem, then log in using the default credentials printed on the sticker.
CAUTION! Do not remove or lose your modem sticker, which includes your default admin username and password. These preset credentials cannot be retrieved, and your modem could become unusable without them.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Administrator Password" under the Security section in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Administrator Password.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support