Port forwarding allows you to enter ports or port ranges to enable forwarding of internet applications from your modem to a device connected to your network.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Port Forwarding" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Port Forwarding settings.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support