Remote console enables you to access your modem by telnet or SSH over a WAN connection, using the WAN IP address of your modem.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Remote Console" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Remote Console settings.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support