Service blocking allows you to block access to particular internet services on a device connected to your network. The services you can block will depend on the device, but may include some of the following options:
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Service Blocking" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Service Blocking settings.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support