Static routing allows you to add routers manually to the routing table.
Important note: If a change or a failure occurs between two nodes, traffic will not be rerouted until the problem is resolved by the administrator.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Static Routing" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Static Routing settings.
Please contact us to order a static IP address. There is no minimum speed requirement to request a static IP address. At this time, static IP addresses are not available for prepaid customers.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support