The 802.1x settings section of your modem's Wireless Setup menu allows you to combine wireless security methods with the benefits of a radius server. This setting applies to 2.4 GHz frequency wireless networks only.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Wireless Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "2.4 GHz" in the left sidebar.
6. Select "802.1x" in the menu on the left sidebar. From here you can view and edit the settings for your WiFi network (SSID).
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support