Broadband settings allow you to change the connection parameters to your service provider. Usually you will only change these settings if instructed to do so by a technician.
Note: Make sure the DSL light on your modem is solid green before beginning these steps.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Broadband Settings" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the broadband settings.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support