The "Radio Setup" section of your modem's wireless setup allows you to set the wireless channel, power level, 802.11 mode, spatial streams, aggregation, and MIMO power save.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Wireless Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "2.4 GHz" in the left sidebar.
6. Select "Radio Setup."
7. Select a channel, from 1 to 11. Learn how to check your modem's wireless status for the best available channel.
8. Select a wireless power level, from 10% to 100%. The optimal power level depends on your environment.
9. Select a 802.11 mode.
10. Select "Apply" to save your changes.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support