WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) provides an easy and secure way to establish a wireless network by sharing the wireless key between your modem and devices.
Learn how to connect a device to your WiFi network using WPS.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Wireless Setup icon in the main menu.
5. If given the choice, select "2.4 GHz" or "5 GHz" in the left sidebar. Some models do not offer this option. Read more about the how to choose between 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency, and learn which modems have this capability.
6. Select "WPS" in the menu on the left.
7. Here you can disable WPS, select the WPS type, and initiate a device to connect to your network. You can also initiate a connection by pressing the WPS button on your modem or within the device settings.
View all Modem/Router topics
Was this page helpful?
Brightspeed services support